Sunday, January 16, 2011

First Pages...in awhile!

I finished my pages for the Two-a-Week Challenge finally!  I was worried that I would not get them done...leading to a fail my very first week.  I had a small blade issue with my Expression and it was not cutting the cuts correctly. Instead of thinking about it, I cut a few more test pieces before remembering to look at the blade. How is it that I have been using this machine for almost 3 years and still forget I can change the blade and should change it every so often??? Take a look at yours and see how it is doing before making your next cuts!

Gotta love my labelmaker!
This week I had so many ideas going on in my head that when it came time to pick what I wanted to focus on  for my challenge I got sidetracked organizing once again.  I am happy to report that my cartridges are all set for use and much easier to share with my friends and family should they need them. I love Snapware!

Feeling Groovy Cartridge
When I finally got to work on pages earlier today I was not sure what I wanted to work on having gotten a new envelope of picture just arrived. In the end I decided to focus on some simple pages. First, I did a quick page about the fort building that went on in my home last winter. My daughter and her daddy had a great time creating a special hiding place for the afternoon and evening. I used the Lite Cartridge Feeling Groovy for the lettering and just some basic purple and white paper to put it all together.

After that page I decided to try using a sketch from the Circle Blog and create a page using that as my inspiration. This sketch came from Deanna Misner on the blog a few days ago and I loved how she made her page look. I was going to post it here, but I was not sure if that was allowed so check out the Circut Circle Blog entry for Jan. 11. I decided that I did not really want to use the banner part and replaced it with an extra frame for the "XOXO." I am really pleased with the way it turned out and I think I might try using sketches more often to help me get inspired.

 Here are the rest of the details:
- Cartridges Cuts:
    Sentimentals: Frames for words and XOXO
    Plantin Schoolbook: Dad
- Paper: My Mind's Eye: Laundry Line Stack &  
  The Paper Studio Pearlized Cardstock
- I used my Xyron 500 to put the glue backing on
  the card stock because sometimes glitter   
  paper doesn't stick.

I had a fun time getting back to work on scrapbook pages and with a day off tomorrow I plan on getting a few more done (get a jump start on the new week). I hope everyone who is taking part in the challenge was successful and had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.