Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bubbles

Well, the weather is not the best right now, but I have seen the light of spring (a very short one according to the weatherman) and summer and know it is coming. The whole excitement of the season makes me feel just a little giddy inside. I thought that feeling was best expressed with this page about blowing bubbles.
I made this page as part of my new Just 4 Me Book. We were lucky to share our home with my youngest cousin, Katie, the summer after she graduated college. In between her job hunt and time with friends she spent a lot of time playing with us and just having fun. One afternoon we all were blowing bubbles when my husband got home from work and I decided to play around with the camera settings. I took this great black and white photo of her and waited almost 2 years before finding the perfect page for it.

The paper is DCWV cardstock with a fun shimmer effect. I cut the bubbles themselves using Disney Dreams Come True (thank you Gypsy for helping me find these in a search for bubbles). For the letters I wanted it to look like each letter was a different font. I used mostly Wall Decor and More but with all those B's I had to change it up little. Here is how it all came out:
B: Hello Kitty font
U: Wall Decor and More
B: Doodletype
B: Wall Decor and More
L: Wall Decor and More
E: Hello Kitty Font
S: Wall Decor and More

I also want to mention quickly that my thoughts have been with those who are struggling with major tornadoes and storm systems this past week. I wish you all the best as you search for the calm after the storm.

2 comments:

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.