Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cup of Tea: Imagine Card 2

I am trying to explore all my Imagine carts this week and get some fun cards made so I have them on hand when I need them. This simple card uses images and patterns off the Imagine Art Cartridge Better Together.

I wanted to make a fun card with the fun little tea cup (pg 9) on the outside and the words "you are my cup of tea" (pg 10) on the inside.

I went to my different cartridges that feature cards and selected this fun square frame card from the Christmas Cards cartridge. I plugged both the Better Together and Christmas Cards cartridges into my Imagine and started to play around getting the right images and sizes onto my screen. I cut the card and the frame off the Christmas Cards cartridge at 5.3 (all cut with true size), the envelope is cut at 7.5. This is about to become my new favorite envelope. I love the simple shape if it. After I put the tea cup cut from Better Together on the mat I was able to size it by eye. I selected patterns to fill the card,frame and envelope filled them in on the cuts. It was very easy to select the patterns because  I made these simple pattern cards when I first got the machine so I just matched them with the tea cup.
I used my wonderful ATG gun and some mini Zots to put the front together. I did have to trim the card a little bit once the frame was on to make it all even. Next it was onto the inside.
I used this first layer recolored, for the back
of the main image.
I wanted to frame the "you're my cup of tea' cut with something so I selected another cut off the Better Together cartridge and after breaking it into layers recolored the background image at two different sizes to put behind the image. The two backing layers were cut at 2.5 and 3.1. The word image was cut at 1.5.

I had so much fun working with my Imagine yesterday. I made several cards that I will be sharing over the next few days. I was really trying to explore the carts and get comfortable with the Imagine as I have had it since launch but had to replace it a few times so now this summer I really am putting it to work.

3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute card. I think I need to go get that cart. Thanks for sharing!! I would also like to give you the "The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award" To accept it you have to share 7 facts, and pass it on to 8 people.

    Thanks again for sharing your lovely ideas and projects with us.

    Suzelle
    www.craftsandmorebysuzelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek . . . now that's one cute card! The little envelope is cute too. Ahhh....need an Imagine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.