Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mommy vs. Mom Page

Okay this is a battle I have been fighting ever sense I had my daughter. I do not like being called "Mommy" by anyone except her. even when she calls me "Mommy" I do not love it. I like it better just being called "Mom." 

I know it is strange but my 8th graders explained it to me like this: Ms Budde is not a Mommy.  She is too cool to be a Mommy. She loves and adores her kid just like a Mommy does, but she is not traditional in the sense of the role. I guess that may be it, I do not think of myself as a Mommy type.  I do not think there is anything wrong with that type, but  do not feel the word fits me that well.

While I was away on my scrap weekend I made this page about being a Mom vs a Mommy. This page is for my Just 4 Me Book that has pages about random things instead of specific events in our lives. The paper is from the DCWV Grade School Stack and the lettering was done using Alphalicious.

Hope you are having a good week. I am trying to get back to posting everyday again after several weeks of only 1 post a week. Having fun in the craft room.

1 comment:

  1. Love your layout. I'm a stickler for stuff like that too. I don't mind being called Grandma, but absolutely do not like the word Nana. It's cute for some people, but not me. My Grandma was "Grandma" and that's what I'm gonna be. :-)
    I like that you have a Just 4 Me Book. I've been meaning to start one, but haven't yet. Maybe I could make a Grandma page. Love your ideas. Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.