Friday, July 1, 2011

4th of July Layout (for last year!)

YEAH! I got my scrapbook layout for last year's 4th of July completed before the 4th of July hits us this year! I ordered a bunch of photos over the weekend in order to work on getting those scrapbooks a little more up to date during the next few weeks. I decided that I would start with the 4th of July layout as we are getting so close to this fun day once again.


I went thought my paper supply and found these two papers that I really liked for the 4th of July. I wanted to layer them, but I also really wanted to be able to use the red paper for my lettering so I cut the center out of the paper in the back before putting the top layer on. It may not look great from the back but it meant I could use the red inside paper for my lettering.


I just bought the brand new Summer Celebrations cartridge and it arrived on Wednesday. I was excited to get it out right away, but after spending 20 minutes updating my Gypsy (took me a few moments of frustration when it wouldn't sync to remember I needed to updating) I realized I really wanted to use my new E2 on it's first project. I bought the machine when it was launched, but had to return it. My new one arrived on Wednesday as well.
I cut out the fun "4th of July" and "fireworks" cuts off the new cart and layered them with a fun golden cardstock. I even cut out some small starts to place as accent pieces. Just a fun 4th of July page to share.


I am going to post this as part of the following challenges and Link-up parties:
1. Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #66 Happy 4th (use red, white & blue)
2. Scrapbookaholic By Abby Challenge #8: Use red, white and blue on your project
3. Patches of Pink weekly link-up party

I hope that everyone has a wonderful pre-4th of July weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Happy 4th! Nice layout. Love those papers. They are perfect. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super layout. I just became a follower I hope you will come by and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT LO!! Thanks for sharing it with us at FCCB this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout - and such adorable photos too!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fantabulous Cricut!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.