Saturday, August 27, 2011

First day of Kindergarten Gift Bag

I know I did not have to get my daughter a present for her first day of Kindergarten. I know that and I do not care. I had to have something special for her. I got her a small toy and a book about going to school (totally appropriate right?). Of course this means I had to have a fun gift bag to wrap them in...
I am super happy with this bag. I started with the fun background paper and used my ATG gun to stick it onto my bag. Next I found the fun pencil shape on Smiley Cards and decided I would take the confused looking face off (love that hide/contour button on the Gypsy) for my bag.

Once I had the pencil the rest of my design came together. I wanted to have notebook paper and her name: as if being written by the pencil. I had a small problem...no small notebook paper? SO...I made my own. I cut the scrap of paper in the shape I wanted than using a ruler, hole punch and my Zig Memory System pens in Candy Pink and Splash I created a mini sheet of notebook paper. I really did not measure the lines, just tried to keep them straight. The holes didn't matter that much either so I eye-balled it for what I wanted. I was very tickled with the results.
I decided on Simply Sweet for the lettering mostly because I had not used this cart yet, but it really did look sweet on the bag.
As you can see she was happy with her present and had a great first day of school.
This is my Thursday Link-up for Patches of Pink as well. The link is right here..

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful little girl holding a wonderful back-to-school bag! Great project!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I bet she loved it!! What a nice idea!! The bag is adorable and so is your daughter!!
    Tina
    www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too cute. Your daughter looks very happy with her bag, beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute bag and easy for me to scraplift, I just have to change the e in Sophie to an a for my daughter! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a sweet bag. And how cute your daughter's name is Sophie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun bag, that paper you made looks perfect!! She's so cute, glad she had a good first day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She loves it! So cute. That big fat pencil looks great. x

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.