Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hello Friend cards for Operation Write Home

While I am on my spending freeze for 2 months I am trying to get 30 cards made for Operation Write Home. I have gotten about 10 done so far and recently completed these two, "hello friend" cards to add to the pile.
I made the first one using my new Cricut Circle cartridge, Sophie. I used one of the label cuts to create the ring of flowers on the front. The "hello friend" cut is from Beyond Birthdays.
For the second card I used the leftovers of the same papers I used one the first one and instead of the ring of flowers I just used a simple layering effect and the reverse cut of "hello friend" for the card title.
I hope I  can complete the 30 by the end of my spending freeze and get them sent off. On a side note the polka dot paper is from My Mind's Eye Antique Dots stack, which I am trying hard to use in one years time (Chloe basically challenged me).

4 comments:

  1. both great designs love that you are doing this for operation write home the gift of one's time is so very generous. I am so in awe by your spending freeze...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards. I still haven't used Sophie. I feel like I'm neglecting her. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific cards! What a great project! Good luck as you contine your 2 month freeze. Our challenge to not buy ends today!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha... and you are floggging me with the challenge!!!! Eeeekkk... You are minds eyeing it all over the place. Love that daisy frame and how all the colours work together. x

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.