Sunday, September 4, 2011

She Said Yes!

I am sure many of you have close friends who are more like family than simple friends. When special events happen to those people in your life it is very exciting. This time around we are celebrating an engagement!
Rick and Theresa got engaged over the summer and tonight we are having a party to celebrate! I wanted to make them a special card to go with a gift certificate I bought them and got special inspiration from the invite (photo above) for the evening.
I have never used my Sweethearts cartridge before, but it had just the right image for my "She said yes" theme, plus a card feature to work with as well. I cut the base and all the layers using my Gypsy hide/contour button so that each piece could be on different paper. I'm not sure if you can see the polka dots on Theresa's dress in the photo, but you can close up. The green ribbon around her waist was a simple cut with my scissors to add onto my image.
For the inside I just added the words, "She Said Yes!" using one of my favorite fonts from Billionaire.As is often the case I lost the dot to my i...but no matter as bling makes the perfect addition to an engagement card.
I look forward to the party this evening and the wedding next summer. This card is serving as an entry in the Cricut Cartridge Chaos Challenge at More Than Favors (this week's cart is Sweethearts) and Cricut Cardz Challenge #90.

10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card! It is just lovely! Have fun at the party
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute. Never thought I would want the Billionaire cart, but I may just have to get it. Love the font. Your colors are very sharp. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Feel free to join as a follower. I will join your's as well.

    Hugs,
    Terri
    memorycatchers-terri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute and I love how you embossed it. It just makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply adorable. I love all the polka dots (there my favorite) and how you even got the polka dot look with your embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Cricut Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning card!!! what a beautiful card to give someone...Love your work

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is too cute and just perfect for the occasion! I hope they loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is adorable,love the polka dot theme, great job! Thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do that too with my i dots sometimes. It's a great tip!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.