Sunday, September 4, 2011

Wishing You A Wonderful...

I fell in love with the Close to My Heart Art Philosophy collection as soon as I saw it. A few weeks later all the projects I saw being made with it made the choice to buy the collection an easy one. I have used the font part of the cartridge once and I decided to pull out the stamps to see what I would be inspired to make. I selected the Wishing you a Wonderful... stamp and went forward from there.
The stamp has a coordinating shape cut on the Cricut cartridge (Shape 2 seen below) so I cut that shape out before stamping with some red ink. I so should have marked down what size I used, but I didn't. Hopefully I will remember next time I use it to record the size.
I found some fun star paper in The Paper Studio School Days stack and that made the choice for birthday on the stamp easy. I cut the card shape and presents also using the Art Philospohy Cartridge. I added a simple ribbon to the front and had it go all the way around on the inside and I add the present where it met up.
I made these two cards to add to the box of cards I am sending to Operation Write Home. I am up to 12 now and am having a good time getting them done. The organization is so great. They even will send you a free stamp to use on the back of the cards. I just used some spray glue to stick it to a dollar bin stamp base. This step makes it easier for the group to send the cards out.

4 comments:

  1. I just got my cart and stamps friday and can't wait to play. This is a cart I have been waiting on since I joined the freeze. I bought it before I froze myself. How has your freeze been going? I am doing so so, but definitely have stopped impulse shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, I love the colors!! I also bought the bundle, I knew I had to have it as soon as I started seeing projects - I haven't worked with the coordinating stamps/chipboard yet but seeing your card definitely inspired me to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, jealous!! Wish I could afford this but not right now!! I have 2 in college this year and 1 that turned 16 so I am tapped out!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.