Thursday, October 13, 2011

No Cricut Thursday #6: 33rd Birthday Layout

Welcome to Another No Cricut Thursday.
 Today I have a fun layout in honor of..well ME!!
I often do not get pictures at my own birthday so I am trying to remember to do that more often. For this page I went looking into my paper stash and found the fun Confetti stack from K and Company. It has double sided papers that all coordinate. I really liked the first page in the stack, but wanted to play with it. I found some some solid colors and a fun candle page in the stack and went to work slicing up that fun border page.
I cut two layers of solids to go around the photo of me blowing out my candles than I sliced each of the borders into strips and placed them around the page, cutting them apart as needed. It looked like this:

I set to gluing everything down and than used my 12 inch cutter to trim the edges off. I added in some simple titles and some 33's and was happy with my simple, but fun birthday page.  I love that I can still make pages I like without using my Cricut. 

3 comments:

  1. This is cute! I thought those were ribbon until I read further. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea with the papers! It is important to take pics of you too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the papercuts throughout! Good job, very fun!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.