Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Craft Room Makeover Part 1

I am getting a craft room makeover! 
I have been trying to decide how to reconfigure my space to make it work better for awhile now and with the holiday coming several people have been on me about my wish list. I thought I wanted storage space for my craft room, but my husband suggested a new work space in full. I was not sure we could afford to replace all the different desks and tables I had with one space but...
The full front of my craft room 12 feet. The new desk leaves about 2 feet left over  
We went to Ikea and picked out a wonderful desk/counter space to put into my craft room. This corner desk (3 separate pieces) cost us less than $200 and it is going to make my room flow so much nicer and allow me to have space underneath for storage that is neat and organized.  Now number 1 on my wish list one more 6-drawer paper storage bin to fit underneath with the others! I will share more photos when the space is all put together, but had to share my new desk right away.
The left side wall of my space is 7 1/2 feet.
The corner area will be my main work space.
Look at yesterdays post HERE to find out about Jacob's fantasy crafting dates and the final 2! Plus tomorrow night, the Women Tell All!

7 comments:

  1. Oh that's gorgeous!!! You're going to LOVE it!! My craft room was just completely redone from the floor up, a few months ago, and I spend almost all my time in here now! And I have a super-long L shaped desk like yours....LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to see yours all finished!

    Here's a link to mine if you feel like taking a peek...
    http://www.scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-new-scrap-room.html

    Amy E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you new L Shaped Desk! I have been trying to work on my Craftroom. Planning on making Owl Curtains after Christmas. Love Owls! Thanks for Sharing! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great space! Lots of work surface too. I got the Ikea tables back in February and love my work space. I'm sure you'll love it too!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful room make-over! So much space to work! Excellent!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great space! That desk has a lot of nice working space!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! I did this backwards and I can not believe that your scrap space started out like this! You did an awesome job of filling those shelves!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.