Thursday, November 10, 2011

No Cricut Thursday #7: Thanks a Bunch Card

It has been awhile since I had a No Cricut Thursday, but with Jacob visiting I was remind of all the great tools and supplies I have on hand and decided to make a fun card for one of the co-workers that helped out with cheerleading try-outs last week.
I have been trying hard to use some new things on my projects. As you may have seen, Jacob made a great rose using my new Prima Flowers and I thought I would try playing with these as well. I pulled them out and started adding buttons to the centers using a needle and some floss. I used the hole that is already in the flowers and tied the backs.
I knew I had a stamp that said "Thanks a Bunch" so I went looking and fond it in my new set form Close To My Heart. The set is called, A Little Thanks. I stamped it using some turquoise ink that matched the paper I had in my scraps.
When I went to put the card together I did not like the single two layers of paper so I added a thin white layer as well. I used the back of the pattern paper scrap so as not to waste any large white sheets.

I put the flowers on using large Zots that melded around the knots in the back well. After adding some gold stems I write a thank you note inside.

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I know how tho craft anymore withiout my Cricut. Great job and I love your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cricutless card; love it!--pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I adore these flowers. I have a page I'm working on that I might try to do something similar. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so gorgeous! Great idea to have a cricutless day too. x

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.