Sunday, January 8, 2012

80's Valentine


I bought this set of stamps "I Love the 80's" from Pink By Design and I love them. This year for Valentine's Day I wanted to make a fun card for my hubby and I thought the fun sayings from this stamp set would make a great little card for him.
I wanted to use a few stamps on the front so I used a longer stamp block and placed them where I wanted them to go. I used my small Dew Drop inks to ink each of the stamps, using two different colors and stamped them all at once to get this look.
I pieced these to some other backing papers, including a Swiss dot embossed piece and glued everything together. (The paper is from American Crafts Teen set).
I wanted a little extra touch so I cut some lips using my Love Struck 2010 Cart and than I added some Glossy Accents to make them all shiny. I have never used Glossy Accents before and was amazing at how easy it was and how fast it dried. Now I have a cute and simple Valentine ready for my hubby (considering he didn't get a home made birthday card from me this year he is over due!)

Do you like stamps? I am slowly falling in love with them, trying hard to use them more. Pink By Design (one of my favorite companies) is having a design team call. All the info you need to enter can be found on their website HERE: Pink By Design: Design Team Call. I have never tried out for a design team before, but I love these stamps and am creating some projects to use as part of  my attempt to be on the team for the next 6 months. I'm not sure which ones I will actually use when I submit to them, but I am having fun creating with stamps.   

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I love, love, love this card! This is just over the top cute! Great use of those fabulous stamps....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the design team call - you are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! You sure are ahead of schedule! You go Girl:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute card- I love glossy accents and now I want to make some lips with glossy accents, that is such a good idea! I am also just getting into stamping and I have already ordered like 5 from Pink by Design, lol! good luck with the design team!
    Heather P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I miss the 80's! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! Thanks for the directions for using lots of sentiments on one card!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there....I think you won a prize on Liz's Paper Loft blog....make sure to go check it out - I think you only have a few more days to claim it :) Congrats!

    hugs
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lips look luscious! Super fun card! like how you got creative with the stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.