Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bad Date Card

Recently a friend of mine went on a date that couldn't have gone worse...the guy was sort of annoying, she tore her dress, and on the way home she go a flat tire. Needless to say she has not returned his calls.
It seems she has a had a few bad first dates lately. When I was looking at my Pink by Design stamps (I am entering to be part of her Design team!!) I came across this one from the Inner Princess set.
I thought it would make the perfect pick-me-up card for my friend.  I put all her bad dates things together with some extra touches using my Paper doll Dress-up cartridge. I still have a hard time sometimes when stamping faces with my Peechy Keen Stamps, but this time I wanted a little smudge on the face so no worries. I added a little sparkle to her shewed boa using some silver stamp ink and put her together including a broken heel.
On the inside I left it blank with just a simple little heart (my favorite from Designer's Calendar) and wrote nice little note before sending it off to her. I hope when she gets it it gives her a good laugh and reminds her she will meet the right guy soon!
I am adding this card to the Anything Goes Challenge at Dream Valley Challenges.

11 comments:

  1. That is so creative, L.B.! How adorable! And you used the perfect PK expression!! Love the broken shoe she's holding, the torn dress, and the lopsided crown. That sentiment is absolutely perfect. Great job with the card, and good luck getting on the design team!!--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful pick me up for your friend. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Adorable! I just love this card and I'm sure it will put a smile on your friends face:)
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet of you to make this for your friend. I hope she will get a good giggle out of it. It turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so creative and absolutely adorable!! The sentiment is just perfect!! I love it :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. As previously mentioned very creative

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is awesome. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great card love that sentiment thanks so much for joining us at dream valley this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is card is really cute your friend will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Dream Valley. Susie x

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.