Saturday, January 28, 2012

Movie Wedding Shower: Invites Part 2

You might have seen the invite I created for a shower my Mom and I are giving for some close friends. I made a demo invite to see how it would work out for my Mom, who is going to hand write the info onto them. We are doing a movie theme because the reception is being held I an old movie theater in Kansas. 
My part of the invites is officially finished. I cut each clapboard (from the Cricut Craft Room Exclusive Movie Night) and the layers to go with it (I took a few cuts away using the hide/contour button on my Gypsy). I also added a small heart form designer's Calendar to each one. Once I had all the pieces glued together (including a list of registry places on the back) and dry I used some Stickles: Christmas Red, Cotton Candy and Glam Pink to make the hearts pop out.  
I only used the Xyron for the largest pieces.
Sometimes it is hard to remove all the sticky.
Now they are drying and waiting for my Mom to add the information for the shower. I recently bought the Almost Famous stamp set from Pink By Design and decided it would be perfect for the outside of the envelopes. I stamped each one with the fun, "Roll out the Red Carpet" stamp. 
Once my Mom has finished I will share the final results. Stay tuned for all the decor we have planned as well. I have a bunch of other projects started this weekend so I am off to get more done. Tomorrow I will share the fun gifts I am making for my Student Teacher who starts on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Your invitations make me want to host a movie themed party. Most creative invitations and theme that I've seen in a long time. What a fun idea to host the party in an old movie theater! :)

    http://misscraftypink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.