Saturday, March 24, 2012

Miss you a Latte Card : No Cricut Thursday on Saturday

Over at Get Inspired With Chatter Scene Chris is trying a new challenge. The Just Elements Challenge is all about putting those wonderful cutting machines down for a bit and exploring what kind of fun elements you already have in your craft space. If you visit me often, you might know that I love a good non-machine project every now and than for my No Cricut Thursdays so I was all about getting in on this new challenge (I just did not get my project finished for Thursday).
My Elements!
I went over to my sticker stash (that I hardly ever visit anymore) and found a sheet of coffee themed stickers.  I decided to make a card to add to my growing collection. I pulled out some cardstock to match the sticker colors and got working.

I cut and scored the card than added an embossed layer and a piece of braiding cord I bought last summer. I added the fun cafe sticker over the cord and tied a bow. I wanted to put a label on the front and I found a set of journal mats I had from Creative Memories. I hand wrote the sentiment and added it to the front.
I left the inside mostly blank, except for a few more coffee stickers. I never know when or why will need a card so leaving it blank is best. I can always add a stamped sentiment to the inside later.
I hope you will go check out the Just Elements Challenge over at Get Inspired with Chatter Scene. This is the first one and you need to link up your new project (as of March 15th) by midnight tomorrow (March 25th). She will be picking a random winner to receive a $10 Pay pal credit or Hobby Lobby Gift card (winners choice of one!)

As for me...First official day of Spring Break has begun!!!
I hope to get in a lot of craft time. On Monday I will be part of the Pink By Design: Spring Inspiration blog hop and I would love for you to stop by! Have a great Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Very cute card and I like the challenge we just dont realize what tools we had before we got our machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! It is super cute!
    Thanks so much for playing along over at Chatter Scene!
    It is sure feels good to use up some things that I would otherwise over look:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card! Love the texture! Enjoy your spring break!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, the colors you used are gorgeous and that embossed background really makes the card pop!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.