Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Birthday Fit For A Queen

Good morning everyone. I hope you are having a great weekend. Yesterday I spent much of the day working on several different projects to share with you this week and this one I am the most excited about.
The Scrapbooking Queen has started her own line of stamps and is currently showing off her second release of stamps. She is also having a Design Team Call to find people to work with her new stamps.I am so in love with stamps and ordered two of her sets right away.  I used them to create this fun refurbished album for a friend's birthday.

As you can see I started out with this black and white album I found in a dollar bin at a local store. I decided to change up the ribbon on the outside because I wanted red to play a bigger role in the overall look. Next I started to cut out different images to add to the pages. I started with a fun label shape from the CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge and on the black pieces I inked around the edge (I will share my inking tip video tomorrow!)
I also used the Close to My heart Cartridge to cut out the little banner pieces that I stamped all my sentiments on. 
I cut some fun extras to add to the pages using several other carts: a castle form Doodlecharms, XOXO from Wild Card, cupcake off Simply Charmed and the wonderful crown off Disney's Happily Ever After Cartridge.
All the sentiments are off The Scrapbooking Queen's sets: "Queen's Birthday" and "Royal Saying". These sets are just so much fun and I am having a lot of fun working with them to create projects.
I decided to add the fun bow to the outside at the last minute and am so glad I did as I think it made the whole book that much more special. I will be back tomorrow with the simple inking tip I discovered while working on this book. Wish me luck on making the Design Team and check out The Scrapbooking Queen's stamps on her site.

4 comments:

  1. Great project. Your follow by email feed is not enabled.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I loveeeeeee the colors and all the princess embellies!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!! I love the embellishments you added!! What a pretty album :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.