Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Capturing the Moment


Every year we buy printed frames for our 8th graders as a memory from our dance. This year we were left with an unusually large amount of leftovers and they were given to me to play with!!!!! 

Yesterday afternoon I was reminded that my daughter asked for a photo of her and her Poppy (great grandpa) for her bedroom so I grabbed one of those frames and went to work. I just bought the K & Company Sweet Nectar Specialty paper and mat stacks and they are so pretty that I knew they would be just right. I measured and cut so I would have the mat just right.
I did not want to have rough paper edges on the inside frame and I had miss cut the inside a little bit, so  I used the strong red tape and applied a ribbon  I had from the Target dollar bins to all 4 edges.

I knew that I wanted a sentiment on one corner of the frame and I cut this basic shape that came with my Cameo and stamped on the sentiment of my choice from the Pink By Design, Just Breathe set. I lightly inked around the edges as well.


The final step was making the 3D flowers by Lori Whitlock via the Silhouette Store. I love making this type of flower, just slide your pieces onto a brad and curl the edges until you like you look. I also folded the leaves and drew a light green line in the middle with a colored pencil before I stuck them on with large glue dots.
I am very happy with this simple frame and my daughter squealed. I am also happy that this is the perfect link-up to the Tuesday Link-Up Party at Pink By Design.  Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...such a cute pic too! They both look so happy. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my absolute favorite of them together.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! I loveeeeeeeee the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are lovely and such a sweet photo!
    Teresa
    www.createenjoyshare.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Beautiful Photo!Gorgeous Flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous frame- LOVE those flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.