Monday, October 15, 2012

Don't Bother the Witch

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I was not in my craft room too much but I do have a fun project to share today. I have a notebook where I keep track of all my cuts (and now what stamps I used). I had created a cover for it when I first got the Cricut Everyday cart, but it was getting a little shabby so I decided it was time to create a new cover. The current Ink it Pink challenge is to create something for fall or Halloween and I was inspired.
I just loved this witch hat paper from the DCWV value pack for Halloween and Fall and had to use it on something I could see all the time. I recovered the front and back by wrapping the paper and gluing it down. I also add a piece inside to hide my folds.
No need to tear off the old paper, I just put the new paper over it.
Next, I had to select the perfect saying for my cover. I was planning on one from the Cricut Everyday cart and when I came to, "Don't Bother Me, I'm Scrapping" I knew just how to twist it for my new notebook. I cut the phrase without the "Me" and using my Silhouette I cut, "the Witch" in Victorian LET font to make it complete.    
I added the words onto a label shape from Cricut Essentials and the cute hat is off Mini Monsters (a cart I have used so much this fall and am loving). All that was needed was a cute stamp and Pink By Design had the perfect one for my scrapping notebook.  
Pink By Design Stamp
I love the new look and it makes me smile when I see it on my desk. Thanks for stopping by to see it and I hope you check out the Ink It Pink Challenge at Pink By Design.


4 comments:

  1. This is cute! What a great update to the notebook. PS - You are my winner from last weekend! I emailed you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is this? I love the idea of decorating the notebook you use to keep track of your crafty stuff. Thanks so much for joining us for the Ink it Pink Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.