Wednesday, December 12, 2012

50 State Album: First Set of Pages

I am working on a gift for my parents for Christmas. I am making them an "All 50 States or Bust" album as they will travel to their final state this summer completing the checklist. I am putting the pages in order based on location East-West (this worked out best for the states I wanted to do double page layouts of), but I started with our home state of Illinois.

I wanted the pages to be fairly simple and somewhat uniform so each page will have a white edge and lettering. I am adding a single strip of either pattern or solid paper and on some pages I am placing photo mats. I also am adding tags (Close to My Heart Art Philosophy) to several pages in order to have journaling spots.
Each state will be cut out in a different font (yes I am totally obsessed with fonts) and placed on the pages along with an outline of the state (50 States). So far I have completed: Illinois, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and Massachusetts. 
I am working hard to be done by Christmas. I know my parents will be surprised and excited as they have been talking about finishing this quest for a few years and are so close. Thanks for stopping in today. I hope you will check back soon.

Fonts: 
Illinois: Songbird
Maine: Cricut Classic Font
New Hampshire: Craft Room Basics
Vermont: Base Camp
Massachusetts: Alphalicious

2 comments:

  1. VERY COOL! This is a great gift! I love your idea and I'm sure your parents will be thrilled to get such an incredible gift.
    Lori @ Bloggin The Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.