Thursday, March 14, 2013

No Cricut Thursday: A Washi Tape Challenge

Hello to you and Happy Thursday. This week for No Cricut Thursday I found a wonderful challenge that totally showcases one of the trends I am loving: washi tape! These decorative tapes look great on all kinds of projects.
My decorative tapes
For this card I started with some of my different tapes and a piece of scrap. It wasn't easy because it sticks but I trimmed the edges like ribbon points.
Next I put together a flower using three different ones from my Recollections canister and a fun gem brad.

I added a stamp from the Pink By Design, Stamp of the Month (Jan 2013) set You Are My Happy and then created an inside look with more washi tape.
This simple and fun card is being added to the Washi Tape Challenge at Moxie Fab World and is being linked up to the Tuesday Link Up with Sarah Hamar Designs!  Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. This is really great, I love what you did with the tape!! I haven't figured out how to use this stuff yet, but you definitely have!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the brown and teal together.

    Have a great day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your color scheme really works here with the kraft paper. I also really enjoy your card shape, simple but different. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful card, great color palette and LO. Love how you used the washi tape colors in your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card!!

    And I love the way you hang your tapes-- clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey L.B.! Thanks for linking this up to the Washi Tape Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.