Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Rain or Shine Gift

Happy Tuesday to you all. Today is challenge day at Die Cuttin' Divas and we have a great sketch for you to use on your projects. I decided to make a gift bag for a friend who needed a little pick me up.
I turned and flipped the sketch, but otherwise I followed it pretty exact. First, I cut the ovals out of my papers using my trusty Creative Memories cutting system.  It just works so good for me. I cut the outer oval apart and adhered everything together before moving onto my image.
For this little bear I used the Rainy Day Bear file by Miss Kate Cuttables. It was the freebie about a week ago and I thought it would be perfect for my gift.  I love how you can "subtract" in the modify menu with your Silhouette and place all the pieces you want to cut on your mat.
The bear fit just right in my center. Before I put him on I added some ink to my grass layer using a bullet point fantastix. I bought these a while back and have never tried them, but I like the way my grass turned out.
The final touch was a stamp from the Pink By Design, Rain or Shine set. I put my whole design onto the gift bag. All that was missing was the gift, which was added and given.

I hope you get inspired to create with this sketch. Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Teams projects over at Die Cuttin' Divas.

10 comments:

  1. Sooooooooooo cute!! LOVING that little bear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, and I love the sentiment, just perfect for any day of the week. Love the sketch, will have to try and play along this week. waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious... love that you made a gift bag. Such a vute image for a pick me up. Who wouldn't smile when they saw this? Love it.

    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bag...super cute paper and bear!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I need to play with my machine I just have been coloring away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch. TFS
    Your DT sister:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute, cute, cute! Love that sweet little image and you showcased him perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This bag is sooo cute!! Love that cute little bear!!
    Have a great day
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable. I never thought of doing this!
    Anita
    DCD DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  10. So Cute!!Love the idea that you used the sketch on a gift bag!Clever!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.