Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hello Card with Die Cuttin' Divas

I love a good and simple sketch and this week we have just that for the new Die Cuttin' Divas challenge. We start every month with a cute sketch challenge and this one I really enjoyed working with. I decided to continue my work this weekend with black & white plus one color designs.
This card used the amazing DCWV Midnight Chic Stack (81/2 x 11 black and white patterns) that I have fallen in love with and am rapidly using up. I think it might be the first stack I finish completely. I also used a flower off the Bloom cartridge. I followed the fun sketch almost to a tee, except moving the sentiment to the top (mostly because I measured wrong..oops).

The center of my flower has some Black Diamond Stickles added to it and the cute little stamp is from Recollections. These cute sets come with 27 little stamps.
I was checking out a bunch of blogs before making this card over the weekend and I came across a color challenge as part of  Hiding in My Craft Room's 100th Challenge celebration. Each DT member choose a color set for people to follow and Jennie selected Black, White & Lime Green. What fun and great inspiration.

Now head over to Die Cuttin' Divas and see what the other DT members did with this sketch. We have a great sponsor this week: Bombshell Stamps. Hope you can play along.

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful!! I love the pop of green against the black and white!! So pretty!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love the pretty colors to!
    Have a great day
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.