Monday, June 24, 2013

Red, White & Blue Challenge with Paper Playtime

 Today begins a new challenge over at Paper Playtime
Ch# 13 Red, White and Blue
Begins: Monday, Jun 24
Ends: Sunday, Jul 7
Sponsor: CTMH, Lucy Kelleher http://lucyk.ctmh.com/

For this card I tried using some new embellishments that I got in my Pink Paislee warehouse box.  I received all sorts of goodies in this box and a lot of the embellishments are meant to be customized using ink and sprays.  I bought myself some Heidi Swapp Color Shine spray and decided to play using this Artisan Ribbon.
Not to bad for my first time.  The spray really covers well and this Sweet Cherry color match some of my red paper pretty well. I put the ribbon on loosely with my ATG gun and then used a strip of this great blue washi tape along the top of it.  
I layered this white piece onto a red card base that was just a little narrower than the white. I cut the phrase using the Cricut Phrases cartridge and used a white pen to add some texture to the roof.
I hope you can join us at Paper Playtime for this fun challenge. With the forth of July coming up I bet there will be some fun projects being shared!.

Other fun challenges this card works with: Cut It Up: Red, Whit & Blue Challenge

7 comments:

  1. PRETTY card!! Awesome technique!!!TFS
    would love if you joined us at Cut It Up Challenge.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat card! Love all the textures!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Welcome Home card! I love that the phrase matches the washi perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenges!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I said earlier...


    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Love the washi tape and the sentiment cuts!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.