Wednesday, February 12, 2014

You've got the WRITE stuff!

Valentine's is in 2 and I finally finished making this year's teacher treat bags to give to the wonderful people I work with. This is the 4th year I have done this for my coworkers and I think there are still a few teachers who do not know it is me that does it each year!!!
I loved my animal pun bags last year so I went looking for good puns for this year as well and found many using writing utensils - what teachers has enough pencils??? I bought some fun Valentine's pencil to go with my candy treats!

I decided to go easy on myself and not spend as much time gluing different things together - enter the print and cut feature on my Silhouette machine!!!  I found this great image in the Silhouette Store (on sale!!!)
Design by Amy Robison
I got rid of the arrows and cut out the scallops hearts only. I also ungrouped the designs and after changing the heart base color I brought it to the front and added my own text boxes to have a variety of the WRITE sayings on my treats.
I used the different colors of lined paper from the DCWV Everyday Essentials stack to create the topper piece. I punched holes in the paper side to make it look like actually notebook paper. The final touch - this cute pencil from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons.
I had a special helper put all the candy into the bags this year, which made it a lot faster for me. 106 bags made with love and all ready to be put in mailboxes tomorrow after school so they great teachers Friday morning. Now we have to finish my daughters!!! - I'll share those soon!!

Supplies:
- DCWV Everyday Essentials paper stack - colored notebook paper
- Silhouette Store - Design 54354 by Amy Robison
- Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons - pencil from Back to School Cutting Files
- Fonts - Cafe Rojo, Appleberry, Digs My Hart

5 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute & Fun!! The kids will love it!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! Wonderful idea with punny sentiments, and it's so sweet of you to do this for your fellow teachers! Don't know how you created 106 perfect treats! That's pretty amazing, LB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just terrific, I just adore that sentiment!! Perfect treat idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.