Monday, August 31, 2015

Back to School with Bitten By the Bug 2

Happy Monday everyone! It is time for a new challenge at Bitten By the Bug 2. This week our host, Emily, has asked us to create Back to School projects featuring school supply images. When looking at my daughter's back to school photos from last year the backpack really stuck out to me so I went with it for my project this week.
This is the same backpack she used in Kindergarten and she decided to use it again this year. I went looking for the perfect backpack image for my layout and found the fun notebook pages on the Printing 101 cartridge.
Once I had the base of the layout the way I wanted it I needed a title. I found the one on wanted on the Designers Calendar cartridge, but needed to make it work on both a light and dark background. with some creative trimming I made it work.
A few added embellishments and a journaling box finished off the layout.
Hope you like it. Thanks for joining me this happy Monday. I hope you will take time to check out the other Back to School projects created by the wonderful BBTB2 design team and maybe join in the fun. Make it a great week.

Supplies:
- Printing 101 Cricut Cartridge - Backpack notebook paper
- Designers Calendar Cricut Cartridge - "school starts"
- DCWV - A Type of Art stack - printed "school starts" paper
- Colorbok Beach House double sided paper - main papers
- DCWV - Vintage Collector - journal box, heart stickers & washi tape

 

6 comments:

  1. LB, I really like what you did with this layout. The pack-pack cut out of the matting is great and I really like the dual color title. Adorable photos too!!
    xxSusan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous layout. The papers are so pretty and the design shows off your amazing pictures. I love the backpac cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic layout LB!! Love the backpack and those sweet photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always take pictures of the backpack too!!!! Love your design and the backpack cut! Hope your daughter has a fabulous year this new school year.
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.