Tuesday, January 5, 2016

New Year, New Sketch with DCD

Happy New Year from Die Cuttin Divas.
Die Cuttin' Divas is a challenge blog where projects each feature a die cut of some type. Each week we will present our challenge as well as show some examples made by the great design team I get to be a part of. Our first challenge of the year is a sketch challenge.
This fun sketch can be used in all sorts of ways. I wanted something happy so I made this cute flower and placed him on a fun washi-tape background.
I even cut out my 3 small embellishments from the sketch from the patterned washi tape to tie it all together and I think it all gets wrapped up with this fun sentiment.
I am happy with how it all came together and hope you will find some time to join us at Die Cuttin' Divas. At DCD there are also prizes to be won (randomly) every other week just for joining in our fun. I hope you come and play along with us in 2016!

Supplies:
- Sketch by Carson's Creations
- Simply Charmed Cricut Cartridge - flower
- Cuttlebug embossing folder 5x7 polka dots
- DCWV Vintage Collector collection washi tape
- My Creative Time Stamps - Turn the Frown Upside Down

9 comments:

  1. So pretty. I thought that was paper! Was surprised to see it's tape. Great job.
    Smiles! Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    PDE Linky Party, Owner & DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo PRETTY! I thought it was paper at first! LOVE your washi tape! & LOVE your card!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy little flower, and I love your using the washi tape! I have so much of it and never think to use it!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a happy fun card. I love how you used the wash tape.
    TTFN

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty little card with such happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card!! Great take on the sketch!!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  7. Washi tape instead of paper is clever, but using washi tape dots instead of bling is genius! a very happy card indeed ~ K

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a very pretty card!! Love the sweet flower and the pretty washi tap!! Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.