Monday, June 20, 2016

Art Show Art Show

Good day and welcome to another Monday with Bitten by the Bug 2.  This week our  host was thinking about the stars - your astrological ones.  If you were born between May 21 - June 21 (like I was) you are a Gemini and that is associated with twins or 2 of something. This week we want  to see your projects featuring 2 of something.
I am working on my daughter's school album and this page is from the first grade art show they had at school.  When looking at my photos I knew this would be a great page to add 2 of something.
I have been using Design Space to layout of  pages more and more. I find that I can get the image in my head better this way and it makes putting my pages together much faster in the end. It was easy to see where my two artist palettes and brushes would go this way.
Once I had everything designed I printed out my title in Word (can not print and cut the size I needed). This took a little measuring & color play to get it just right.
I cut  out my images and finished them off with some glossy accents to make the paint look more real. Another layout completed.

I hope you get a chance to play along with us this week at Bitten By the Bug 2 and our 2 of something challenge.

Supplies:
- Locker Talk Cricut Cartridge - art tools
- A Child's Year Cricut Cartridge - rain drop (as paint)
- Sketchy Font

3 comments:

  1. The glossy accents made those paints pop. I thought they were enamel dots. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeeee this! So fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created such a wonderful layout of your daughter's art work. I love the artist palettes and the fabulous pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.