Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Friends are the Chocolate Chips of Life

Who is ready for a new challenge with Die Cuttin' Divas? This week we are asking you to play with embossing (dry or heat). I have so many embossing folders that I thought it would be fun to play with several of them to create a card.
I went to my folders and selected ones I liked and embossed the craft brown paper. From there I started thinking about food (it might have been lunch time) and I found a sentiment stamp that inspired the rest of the card. 
I decided to use these print and cut die cuts for this card because the colors worked so well with the embossed pieces.  I was almost all set, but felt the embossing needed more color behind it so I added another layer that I printed using a pattern from my Cricut Collection. 
The final look was just what I wanted.  I popped the cookie dough and cookies up a little bit so they would stand out against the embossing and it was all done. I admit I also went on and embossed a bunch of other things that will be appearing in some of my other projects soon.  Hope you can join int he fun this week at Die Cuttin' Divas.

We also have an AMAZING Sponsor for this Challenge!
One of our Awesome Design Team Members is offering
up an Awesome Stamp set from CTMH
Good Tymes! Seasons & Nature

Have a Great Day.

Supplies:
- Kate's Kitchen Cricut Collection (Imagine) - cookie dough and cookies
- The Good Old Days Cricut Collection (Imagine) - filler pattern for back layer
- Embossing Folders - Circut - Decorative Tiles, Spots & Dots, Honeycomb & Charles
- Embossing Folders -  The Paper Studio - medium polka dots & Mesh texture

7 comments:

  1. Such a cute card and I love the sentiment.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using squares of different embossing folders! That turned out really cool! I've seen cards with squares of different design papers, but not with different embossing folders. I really like it!

    Great card! Can't wait to see what you do with the others you made.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cute card!! Love all the embossing and the sentiment!! Have a great day,
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So CUTE! LOVE all the different embossed squares!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card and whats better than chocolate and friends:) Love that you used a few different embossing folders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you used more than one folder in the grid pattern in your card! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought to use different folders! What a great idea - I'm probably stealing it... TFS :)

    Michelle
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.