Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Anything Goes Unplugged

Happy Tuesday and day before Halloween for those of you that celebrate.  This is a 5th Tuesday of the month and that means the challenge for Die Cuttin' Divas is Anything Goes. I made a large wall display in the hallway at my school for this challenge.
This year I will be directing a play called Unplugged by Laurie Bryant. This show is about getting taking a break from our reliance on technology - especially social media.  I love the cover of the script, but wanted to change it up from headphones and show something that we need to unplug from.
I found a great graphic with the "D" as a plug and I recreated it using basic shapes attached to my very large (7 inch) letters.  I also made a tablet style device to attach to a cord. The cored had to be cut into 5 sections in order to make it.
I was so happy with how it turned out and it is working well - many students have stopped to look at it or come see me with question about the meeting the wall is advertising. I am sure to have many other play related projects in the next coming months.

Thanks for visiting today and I hope you can join us for the Anything Goes Challenge.

Supplies:
- Cricut Font - letters
- Svg ipad
- printed out image of wifi symbol

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Excellent project and a really cool way to pique the students' interest! Love it.

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Awesome job!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome and I'm sure the play is going to be awesome as well:)

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.