Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Hummingbird Box- Lots of Layers

A new Tuesday brings a new challenge at Die Cuttin' Divas.  This week the challenge is to use lots of layers in your project.  Our wonderful sponsor this week is Dreaming Tree and that meant it was time to face a challenge of my own.
When I saw this hummingbird file at Dreaming Tree I really wanted to make it for my daughter, but I was scared of the layers and the gluing and the...all of it actually.  I really wanted to try and in the end it really wasn't so bad at all.
All the pieces cut pretty well. NOTE: Make sure you attach the detail cuts to the main design before cutting.  In Cricut Design Space these show up as a different color layer so you can clearly see how to attach them. I was able to glue the first 2 layers together without much trouble and pop them up on a black background.
The next step was to add the top layers and play around with raising up the different parts of the design - ALL very easy (Highly recommend the video they have on the Dreaming Tree website to help  you put this together.) I also added some pearls and small red gems to my flowers.
I was very pleased and my daughter asked to find a place to hang it up in her room right away. I will use Dreaming Tree files over and over again and highly suggest you check them out this week. I hope you will play along with Die Cuttin' Divas and our layers challenge.  The randomly chosen winner will get a gift card to Dreaming Tree!!

Supplies:
- Dreaming Tree - Paper Sculptures SVG Bundle (Search hummingbird and he pops up)

7 comments:

  1. Wow! So glad you stepped out of your comfort zone and tried this. It turned out beautiful!!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! The details are so intricate and the hummingbird is wonderful. I sure hope your daughter loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is AWESOME!!! Your daughter will love it!!!
    Have a great day,
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just gorgeous. My sister is a huge hummingbird fan so maybe I'll have to try it. Thanks for the tip about attaching the files in Design Space.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That just turned out so BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE it!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this turned out so stunning! Love it:)

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.