Sunday, February 2, 2014

Month of Letters - Year 2

Happy February to all. (I know I am a day late!!) Last year I took part in a fun writing campaign called the Month of letters. Well, I once again am going to join in the fun.  I put my first piece of mail in the mail late yesterday!!!

Here are the details of this challenge from the site:

The Challenge

I have a simple challenge for you.
  1. In the month of February, mail at least one item through the post every day it runs. Write a postcard, a letter, send a picture, or a cutting from a newspaper, or a fabric swatch.
  2. Write back to everyone who writes to you. This can count as one of your mailed items.
All you are committing to is to mail 23 items. Why 23? There are four Sundays and one US holiday. In fact, you might send more than 23 items. You might develop a correspondence that extends beyond the month.
Write love letters, thank yous, or simply notes to say that you miss an old friend. Send a fabric swatch from your new dress. A feather you picked up while on a walk. Whatever it is, let yourself step away from the urgency of modern life and think about an audience of one. Think of it as sending 23 little gifts. And, who knows, you might enjoy going to the mail box again.
Feeling intimidated? It’s fewer words than NaNoWriMo and I know how many of you do that. Join me in The Month of Letters Challenge.
Sincerely yours,
MRK signature

2 comments:

  1. Interesting challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good, I am not alone! Let's see how we both do this year. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.