Thursday, June 26, 2014

Aunt Jo

My Great Aunt Josephine was 95-years-old when she passed away last weekend. Her laughter will always be my biggest memory and I am glad my daughter got a chance to hear it a few times as well. I was looking through some older photos waiting to go into a scrapbook and came across one from a visit with my aunt and it felt right to create a layout about her.
I selected my papers and a sketch to work with (I find having a sketch for single photo layouts helps me fill the page better). I gathered up some materials and set to remember my great aunt and create a beautiful layout.

I did not follow the sketch 100% but the main idea is from it and I think it is a good interpretation of the sketch. I liked the idea of having hearts on the layout so I added some fun stickers and one die cut heart as well.I also added a single strip of "Choose Happiness" washi as that is what she would have told me to do.
I think my letter writing, Betty Boop loving, photo crazy great- aunt would have loved this they way most people who met her loved her. Thanks for visiting today.

Supplies:
- Simply Sweet Cricut Cartridge - stitched heart (blue)
- DCWV Sunday Afternoon stack - papers
- DCWV Vintage Collector Acetate Overlay Hearts
- Thickers burlap letters
- Glitzitnow.com - Choose Happiness washi
- Martha Stewart Vintage Lace punch
- ek success scallop photo corner punch

4 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. Your layout is a perfect way to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty LO, great photo to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful page with such a precious photo. A memory captured so wonderfully for generations to come.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.