Monday, July 14, 2014

A Day at the Beach with Fantabulous Cricut

Good morning and welcome to a new week and a new challenge with Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog

Challenge #219 Day at the Beach
For my project I created a cute little gift bag (I'm thinking perfect for a pedicure gift card and nail polish so your toes look good at the beach.)
I am super excited about this fun little bag. I had gone looking for a simple beach scene and came across a few I really liked, but loved this one on the Formal Occasion cartridge.  I loved thinking of the beach themed proms.
As I was working on the beach scene I wanted to try adding some texture with ink.  On the back of the blue section I tried brushing my ink drop over the paper to see what it would look like and I really loved it. The two colors were just different enough to get a fun look.
Something was missing when I had my scene completed.I decided I wanted to frame the scene and went back into my beach image search and selected one of the cute frame cards that had come up. I cut the whole thing and just sliced off the other side to create a frame for my island beach.
I wanted just a little more texture so I embossed the frame before adding the flip flops to the top.
I love how I can search  for a image and be surprised by what comes up and put different images form different carts together to create a fun project.  Thanks so much for visiting today.

This Weeks Sponsor
$50.00 Gift Certificate

~This Weeks Challenge~
Day at the Beach
Create a project related to the beach
To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.

Linking up to the Summer Link y Party at Craftin Desert Diva's
Supplies:
- Formal Occasion Cricut Cartridge -  beach scene
- Life is a Beach Cricut Cartridge - flip flop frame card
- Cuttlebug Decorative tile embossing folder
- Dew Drop Memento inks in Bahama Blue and Desert Sand

9 comments:

  1. This is a super, super gift bag, and I LOVE the frame you added, I think it finishes it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great beach scene and just perfect for your gift bag. So colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a perfect summery little gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun gift bag! I love how you used the ink on the blue background... it turned out great!!
    Thanks for joining us at the Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party!
    ~ DT Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I truly LOVE your bag! Great cuts and great scene that you created! ~Laura, FCCB DT & craftychickscreating.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Love these cuts and colors!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Craftin Desert Divas! Be sure to stop by http://www.craftindesertdivas.com/ tomorrow for the new release!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful project! I love how you combined the cartridge cuts - so smart!

    ReplyDelete

Inspiration & Smiles from you are so welcomed.